Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ascension Forum Index -> Ascension Newsletters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much do you look forward to Halloween each year?
Hate it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not my Favorite
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Meh
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I enjoy it as much as the next person
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
CANDY!!!!
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Lithnodil Saeldirith
Officer

re: Ascension Newsletter October 2017

Happy Halloween LoTRO

Since Last Time

October started out a little slower but in the end surprised us all with a few things SSG.

The Game

Update 21 Launched! For more information check out the patch notes here.

All patches come with problems - to see a few things that were fixed or adjusted, take a look at these follow ups;

All of the gear vendors have been given an update with new Best in Slot gear. Check out your local High-Enchanter or Allegiance Quartermaster Today!

Come See the Beta!

That's right, Bullroarer is up and bringing you all a sneak peak at upcoming content including the awaited raid;

The Abyss of Mordath

You can check out the patch notes here.

If you do not have the beta client, follow this link.

The Kin

Ascension Welcomes its October Recruits:

Rastlyn

Rhayena

and welcome BACK Nicophant!

October marks a few changes over all.

The official move to Discord has been ratified by the Advisory Council.

The Ascension Mission Statement has been updated. See below for details.

Not sure when you're going to be online? Got Friends in kin but stuck in a solo instance? Just want to hear Ding play his sweet tunes? Join us in Discord. If you do not have Discord you can download it here. Check the in-game message of the day for the server info. Hope to See you there, we've got pancakes!

What to Expect

The Game

The raid is on beta along with several other changes and updates. While it is only build one, the people at SSG have a history of launching content after 3-5 builds. This puts the release at mid-November to early December.

Drop rates for Court of Seregost and The Dungeons of Naerband will be seeing an increase for all incomparable tier loot. The goal is to provide a more reliable loot-table. Scrolls, Crystals, and LI rune drop rates will not be adjusted at this time.

The Kin

The spreadsheets have been compiled and organized into a raiding schedule, so keep you eyes open for an announcement closer to the raid.

Saturday Kin-Nights have been given over to beta testing the raid. Everyone is encouraged to come. While raiding on beta does not carry over to a progression spot on live, take the opportunity to get noticed by showing your commitment and desire to raid.

Raiding requirements and expectations will be posted some time before the raid. Stay tuned for more info including guides and scheduled Bullroarer excursions.

Raiding Policy and Systems are undergoing an update to make them more applicable to raiding in 2017 and beyond. Look forward to an announcement soon.

This Month's Featured Pieces

Ascension Mission Statement

by Khaurin

Ascension is a progression focused community of adult gamers, with experience and accomplishments cultivated across a diverse range of MMOs. While we strive to accommodate a variety of play-styles, our kindred passion for gaming and LOTRO is what brings us together and defines us as a kinship. As a foundation for our continued success, we collectively support the following values:

Strength in Unity

We understand that a kin is more than a gathering of exceptional players – we’re defined not by our individual achievements, but by our collective success. In all of our actions, we seek to help our fellow kinmates improve both personally and professionally, knowing that the victories won together are always the most rewarding.

Maturity and Respect

Being a team player means showing an appreciation for the unique abilities and perspectives of your fellow teammates. Ascension players believe that this can only happen in an environment of mutual trust and respect, and they understand that it is everyone’s responsibility to ensure this environment is preserved. The ability to cut loose and have fun is important, but it is equally important that your fellow kinmates trust in your sense of maturity when it comes time to get the job done.

Professional Excellence

The best way to show respect to your teammates is by giving 100% towards fulfilling your role. While we all play Lotro for enjoyment, we also take our play very seriously. We thrive in a competitive environment, crave honest and direct feedback to help improve our play, and appreciate that the greatest compliment is knowing your peers trust you to play your class with unbridled excellence.

A Community of Gamers

Just as we care for the community that is Ascension, we also recognize and support the broader community of Arkenstone, and understand the importance that community plays in our own enjoyment of the game. Excellence is not solely about clearing content first, but also building a reputation as a force for good on the server. In everything we do, a sense of fair play and compassion for our fellow players is paramount, elevating our game to a level where all our kinmates are proud to call themselves members of Ascension.

Overcoming Boredom with Levity

As much as we enjoy the game, we can all commiserate with the fact that some aspects are simply boring. Grinding is a reality we must overcome to confront the challenges we crave, but we know how to take away its sting by injecting a youthful joy into everything we do. We’re gamers first and foremost, devoting a significant portion of our lives to interactive entertainment. What better way to celebrate our comradery than with a brand of humor that’s uniquely our own?

You can also view the full document at any time here.

A Call to Arms

by Albedeous Cunorian

Hey guys!

So earlier today I was sitting through my medieval criticism class and got a little bored of listening to my professor construct the same argument over and over. So my thoughts began to wander, to that which inspires me: all of you! So without further ado, a call to arms for our brave warriors and decree which states our presence shall always be known on this server. I would love to hear back from you guys on your thoughts, so feel free to comment away or just hit me up in Discord! 

We all men clad in mail march forth to claim the

day. The tide shall rise, we shall stand. Rooted upon

our virtue and knowledge of the days

past and those to come, we remain.

We few of prestige and valour

make for possession and honesty

to claim the day.

Come my children, the hour is nigh.

The day may come when all is lost and our courage

is dispersed.

I beseech thee my children, rise!

Rise and rise again until your ascension may be complete!

Our dedication pushes us forth, our determination drives us.

We seek to earn our place in this world and strive for

the glory of our companions.

View the full document here.

Check out these links for an edge in the coming days!

For DPS/HPS incoming and outgoing as well as honing in on rotation, reaction, and real-time facts about your combat performance use;

Combat Analysis -  http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info881-CombatAnalysis.html

Keep a closer eye on your health and that of the group locally or the raid as a whole without the inconvenience of the awkward game UI;

RaidHealz - www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info954-RaidHealzbyEruadarion.html

The clearer the picture, the better and nothing needs to be clearer in a raid than the health of the group and the boss, use this one for even more exact vitals than the game provides down to the decimal point and beyond.

M_Vitals - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info895-Vitalsadditionaltargetvisuals.html

The amount of information on the screen can be overwhelming, hard to see, or just plain difficult to keep track of at all times. This one will put all of that in one place to be viewed at a more convenient glance than moussing over a tiny icon

Buff Monitor - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info521-BuffMonitor.html

If Buff Monitor isn't aesthetically pleasing or not one you want to use because of the manual input required, this one will get the job done just as well.

Buff Bars - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info361-BuffBars.html

Jump to: