Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ascension Forum Index -> Ascension Newsletters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lithnodil Saeldirith
Officer

re: Ascension Newsletter September 2017

Since Last Time

September has been a busy month for all of us, between gearing, the beta's and real-life there is a lot to talk about so lets dive right in!

The Game

Coming to the end of the second month of Mordor, everyone should have gotten a taste for the new end-game expectations but in case you're still missing something, check these out;

U21 Patch Notes

U21.0.2 Patch Notes

U21.1 Patch Notes

U21.2 Beta Patch Notes - This one in particular is worth checking out to get a beat on the new instances and upcoming changes/additions to the end-game.

There have been several guides made and posted about the current end-game. If you have any questions or need a refresher, check these out;

Ashes of Gorgoroth Guide

How to unlock your Mordor Dailies

The Kin

Ascension Welcomes it's September Recruits

September marks the return of several historical markers in Ascension such as;

The Advisory Council - This group of players assists the officer core with the day to day administration and long term planning of the kin. This group of knowledgeable players are great people to talk to and hold a wealth of information. If you can't get ahold of an officer, don't hesitate to seek an advisor. We welcome Dori, Waste, and Fumori to the Advisory Council.

The Raid Council - This group of players acts as an additional body to support the raid leaders and raiders. This support extends to strategy, mechanics, gear spreadsheets, video guides, and other incidental items that blaze a trail for the kin to experience the best parts of this raid cycle.

Bi-Weekly Event Nights - These nights are a community based night where you can come, hang out, chat if you want, or put together a raid. These nights are for the community! Got suggestions or preferences? Seek out the event Coordinators and share your vision for the community!

The Crafter's Corner is up and operational! Need something made but not sure who to ask? Got a special someone that you want to make a special something? Now you have a place to leave those requests for them to see whether online or not!

Not sure when you're going to be online? Got Friends in kin but stuck in a solo instance? Just want to hear Ding play his sweet tunes? Join us in TeamSpeak. If you do not have TeamSpeak you can download it here. Check the in-game message of the day for the server info. Hope to See you there!

What to Expect

The Game

The Conjecture about a mid-September beta release of at least part of the instance cluster has panned out. While there is still no hard date on a live release, Beta is open every weekend with a new build until it goes live. Until then you can download the LoTRO Bullroarer server here, or check out the Bullroarer forums here.

We have the title names for some of the instances (SSG has been unclear if more will be included)

The Court of Seregost -(3 man dungeon)

The Dungeons of Naerband -(6 man dungeon)

The Abyss of Mordath -(12 man multi-boss raid)

The Kin

Keep your eyes peeled for stat expectations and gear requirements pertaining to the new instances!

As we come closer to the raid, expect to see even more people back an online than we already have. The perfect time to try out content with friends both new and old!

A raid schedule is in the works. Days and time allotments are being worked out by the council. An official schedule is projected to be released closer to the raid release date.

Make sure to check back on the forums regularly for updates and new information about the Game and the Kin.

This Month's Featured Pieces

Legendary Item Gearing

by Fumori

Hey all,

I recently came back (with very little gold) and have been scrambling to get my LIs done. Along the way, I've learned a few ways to acquire Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment and Anfalas Star-Lit Crystals. Portions of this guide will become swiftly outdated as gear and AH prices update, so please be aware of that as you read. I thought I'd share what I've learned for those of you who don't know or have forgotten and are low on gold. Feel free to share this with anyone who asks. :)

The goal is to acquire at least 10 Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment per day and 1 Anfalas Star-Lit Crystal every other day. So that's 70 SoE/week and 3 crystals/week. It's up to you to optimize which scrolls and crystals you put in which LI - if you aren't sure which legacies are useful, ask around. :)

MORDOR ALLEGIANCE DAILIES - Gold

The Mordor allegiance dailies don't give scrolls or crystals, but you can sell your Black Steel Keys for at least 300 gold. You can acquire 7 Black Steel Keys per week. Every other day you'll receive a Daily from your Allegiance area with a Black Steel Key reward. This Daily resets sometime during U.S. late night - I'm guessing 3:00 a.m. EST - and can be repeated before 10:00 a.m. EST.

To get the two keys, complete the Daily anytime before 3 a.m. Then, the following morning, complete it before 10 a.m. again. Doing this will net you 2,100 gold per week per toon who has access to Mordor Allegiance Dailies.

SoE AH prices have inflated dramatically. I usually wait for people to advertise them for 300 - 350 for a stack of 10 in World chat. 70 - 80 gold for 1 Star-Lit is a decent price.

Read the rest of this Article HERE

Gear Targets for Mordor Instances

(A starting point)

by Lithnodil

Hey all, so I put together these tables showing what players should have (on the left) and what they can substitute (on the right. While using a few substitute pieces are fine, You should NOT be using more substitute pieces than recommended pieces.

Heavy Gear Offensive Armour Set.

All item levels referenced are IL 326 for the recommended with the exception of the crafted helm which is IL 328. All alternative pieces are IL 326 and crafted from the doomfold tier. Please note that included essences are not indicative of required essences.

All Alternative pieces are Crafted.

Helm Recommended;

Not that this is the crit version of a crafting recipe. The recipe is available from any Mordor Quartermaster for 90 Silver Signets of the Thrandrim.

Helm Alternative

Shoulders Recommended;

Note that these are only available from loot-boxes at this item level. A level 110 version drops from landscape enemies. You are not expected to have these as they are 100% RNG based. If you have them, more power to you.

Shoulders Alternative

Useful Plugins

(that you probably should use)

by Dingkingon

Hey y'all,

I know this has been mentioned before in a kin newsletter. However, as we're getting closer to instances as well as rerunning DoS and SS for a challenge, I'd recommend these plugins for serious players who are looking to learn/relearn mechanics and in general more situationally(this is a word?) aware of everything around them.
** By recommend, I mean you SHOULD really get them if you plan to do t2c content in the future. 

REAL ACTOR claimed:

Dori tells you, 'I like these plugins. They're really useful and make me feel like I'm a l33t player. 5/7 Perfect score and would recommend to others.'

BuffMonitor - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info521-BuffMonitor.html

Personally for me the, the best tracking buffs/debuffs plugin. Positions are fixed so that you're not constantly looking around your screen for where that darn eye mechanic timer is at. This plugin is useful when you know exactly the names of buffs and debuffs that you want to track. I like to use this plugin to track 'Gloom' eye mechanic in SS all the time!

Check out these links for an edge in the coming days!

For DPS/HPS incoming and outgoing as well as honing in on rotation, reaction, and real-time facts about your combat performance use;

Combat Analysis -  http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info881-CombatAnalysis.html

Keep a closer eye on your health and that of the group locally or the raid as a whole without the inconvenience of the awkward game UI;

RaidHealz - www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info954-RaidHealzbyEruadarion.html

The clearer the picture, the better and nothing needs to be clearer in a raid than the health of the group and the boss, use this one for even more exact vitals than the game provides down to the decimal point and beyond.

M_Vitals - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info895-Vitalsadditionaltargetvisuals.html

The amount of information on the screen can be overwhelming, hard to see, or just plain difficult to keep track of at all times. This one will put all of that in one place to be viewed at a more convenient glance than moussing over a tiny icon

Buff Monitor - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info521-BuffMonitor.html

If Buff Monitor isn't aesthetically pleasing or not one you want to use because of the manual input required, this one will get the job done just as well.

Buff Bars - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info361-BuffBars.html

Jump to: